Welcome to Shoot The Bull & Riverhouse Coffee Co.
This policy explains how we handle and use your personal information and your rights in relation to that information. Under data protection law, Shoot The Bull Ltd & Riverhouse Coffee Co Ltd is the controller of that information.
Shoot The Bull Ltd & Riverhouse Coffee Co Ltd (we, our or us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy describes the way we handle and use the personal information that we obtain from all the different interactions you may have with us as a business, including when you visit our restaurants, social media pages or website currently located at www.shootthebull.co.uk or www.riverhousecoffeeco.co.uk (Sites) or when you contact us or take part in any of our competitions or promotions.
Shoot The Bull Ltd & Riverhouse Coffee Co Ltd are the controller in relation to the processing activities described below. This means that Shoot The Bull Ltd & Riverhouse Coffee Co Ltd decide why and how your personal information is processed. Please see the section at the end of this policy for our contact and legal information.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We receive personal information about you that you give to us, that we collect from your visits to our restaurants, Site, social media pages and that we obtain from other sources. We only collect personal information which we need and that is relevant for the purposes for which we intend to use it.
Personal information that you give to us
We collect the following information if you choose to give it to us in connection with your table reservations, your visits to our restaurants, registration on our Site or social media pages or when exercising your legal rights:
• your name, title and contact details (email address, telephone number, postal address, social media handle);
• your date of birth;
• the names and ages of your family and friends in connection with any special events;
• any information you include in correspondence you send to us or in forms you submit to us at our restaurants or when using our Site or social media pages;
• details of your orders;
• your dietary preferences and food allergies;
• your marketing and restaurant preferences;
• the opinions and other information you provide when responding to customer surveys;
• any personal information included in your entries to competitions that we run;
• the unique identification number of any vouchers you use or in relation to memberships you hold when you use these to claim discounts or offers with us. For example, if you use a student, discount or membership card, we will collect the unique identification number from that card;
• your identification information when exercising the rights that you have in relation to our processing of your personal information (see further Your rights in relation to your personal information)
• your payment card and, in relation to certain refunds, your bank account details.
Information that we collect about you
When you visit one of our restaurants we automatically collect:
• the number of individuals in your party and, for pre-booked tables, the number of children in your party;
• the location and frequency of your visits
• the unique identification number for the vouchers you obtain from us;
• the frequency of your use of vouchers; and
• footage of you and your party (including your/their physical appearance) on CCTV.
When you visit our Sites we automatically collect
• the frequency of your table reservations and voucher downloads;
• the internet protocol (IP) address of your device and details regarding the type of device and browser software you use to access the Site;
• details of your use of our Site and Apps, namely traffic data, weblogs and statistical data, including where and when you clicked on certain parts of our Site and details of the webpage from which you visited it;
• details regarding when and how you consented to receive marketing communications from us (including the time and date you provided your consent); and
When you visit our social media pages we collect:
• the information you post on those pages;
• information regarding your interactions with the content we post; and
• statistical information regarding all our followers’ activities (but from which we cannot identify you as we only have access to this information in aggregated form).
3. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for a variety of reasons. We rely on different legal grounds to process your personal information, depending on the purposes of our use and the risks to your privacy. We do not share your personal information with companies that would send their marketing to you.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BY US
We do not disclose your personal information outside our business. Any contractors or recipients that work for us will be obliged to follow our instructions. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
5. TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF EUROPE
We do not transfer your personal information outside of Europe.
6. SECURITY AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use a variety of measures based on good industry practice to keep it secure. Nonetheless, transmissions over the internet and to our Site may not be completely secure, so please exercise caution. When accessing links to other websites, their privacy policies, not ours, will apply to your personal information.
7. THE PERIODS FOR WHICH WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. For certain purposes we retain your personal information for a very short period (e.g. CCTV footage) whilst for others we retain it for a period of 10 years after the information is no longer required for business reasons so that we can deal with any legal proceedings that could arise.
8. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to verify your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received this information or, where no such information is required, after we have received full details of your request.
Please check this page regularly for changes to this policy.